MSDS Authoring in Canada
Controlled Products Regulations: Part I - Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
Part I of the Controlled Products Regulations contains information on the preperation and authoring of MSDSs in Canada. Part I contains sections 4 through 13, which break down as follows:
- Sections 4-10: Exemptions
- Section 11: Range of Concentration of Ingredients
- Sections 12-13: Information to be Disclosed on a Material Safety Data Sheet
Controlled Products Regulations: Part III - General
Part III of the Controlled Products Regulations contains general information on the preperation and authoring of MSDSs and industrial labels in Canada. Part III contains sections 23 through 31, which break down as follows:
- Section 23: Exemption
- Sections 24-25: Manner of Disclosing Information
- Sections 26-27: Information in Respect of Exemptions
- Section 28: Identical Product Identifiers
- Section 29: Revisions to Material Safety Data Sheets and Labels
- Sections 30-31: Provision of Information
WHMIS Classifications - Controlled Products Regulations: Part IV - Classes of Controled Products
Part IV of the Controlled Products Regulations has the title Classes of Controlled Products and outlines the criteria for WHMIS classifications for labels. The sections and classes are:
- Section 32: Interpretation
- Section 33: Manner of Establishing Classification
- Section 34: Class A - Compressed Gas
- Sections 35-41: Class B - Flammable and Combustable Material
- Section 42: Class C - Oxidizing Material
- Sections 43-64: Class D - Poisonous and Infectious Material
- Section 65: Class E - Corrosive Material
- Section 66: Class F - Dangerously Reactive Material
WHMIS MSDS Required Information
WHMIS Hazard Symbols
WHMIS Hazard Symbols and WHMIS Hatched Border can be downloaded at the following links:
Canadian WHMIS MSDS Authoring FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- What is WHMIS?
- Do MSDSs prepared under U.S. law Canadian requirements?
- What are the language requirements for WHMIS supplier MSDSs?
- Which MSDS formats are acceptable in Canada?
- When must a supplier revise an MSDS under WHMIS?
- What products are subject to WHMIS supplier MSDS requirements?
- How does a supplier know if a product is a "controlled product"?
- Is the IDL a list of WHMIS controlled products?
- Is a supplier required to test to determine if it is a WHMIS controlled product?
- Does posting an MSDS on the Internet satisfy transmission requirements?
- Which ingredients of a WHMIS controlled product are subject to disclosure?
- What recourse does a supplier to protect proprietary information under WHMIS?
- When do I have to update my MSDSs?
- How quickly can you prepare my MSDS?
- What language do I need my SDS and/or MSDS in?
- Can I have one MSDS that covers both the United States and Canada?
- Can I use my North American MSDS in Europe?
- Can I get samples of your documents?
- Does Nexreg sell computer software so I can produce my own MSDS?
- What information do I need to provide to have an MSDS produced?
- Can Nexreg audit our MSDSs for compliancy?
- Can Nexreg audit our MSDS binders for compliancy?
Nexreg Compliance WHMIS Canadian MSDS Authoring Services
Nexreg Compliance can author a WHMIS compliant Canadian MSDS for your product. For more information on Nexreg's WHMIS MSDS authoring services, please contact Nexreg Compliance or visit the following links:
- Canadian WHMIS MSDS Authoring (English)
- WHMIS Urheberrechtliche Überprüfung MSDS (German)
- Creación de MSDS - Canadá (Spanish)
- Création WHMIS MSDS (French)
- 캐나다 MSDS 제작 (Korean)
- カナダ MSDS の作成 (Japanese)
- Schrijven WHMIS MSDS (Dutch)
- 加拿大物料安全数据表编写服务 (Chinese - Simplified)
Contact Nexreg Compliance
- Toll Free: (866)361-3032
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Nexreg USA: (206)418-6663
- Nexreg Canada: (519)488-5126
- Nexreg UK: +44 020 7993 5893