Do MSDSs prepared under U.S. law Canadian requirements?
Q. Do MSDSs prepared under U.S. OSHA HCS meet Canadian requirements?
A. No. The WHMIS supplier MSDS and label requirements are more prescriptive than those set out under the HCS.
The categories of information which must be addressed on a MSDS are set out in section 12 and Schedule I to the CPR. However, in recognition of other regulatory programs, with certain caveats, Canada does accept the International Labour Organization 16-heading MSDS format.
The information, including hazard symbols, which must be disclosed on a WHMIS supplier label are prescribed in section 19 of the CPR. The information must be disclosed in both English and French and must be enclosed within a "hatched" border as depicted in Schedule III to the CPR.
Nexreg Compliance WHMIS Canadian MSDS Authoring Services
Nexreg Compliance can author a WHMIS compliant Canadian MSDS for your product. For more information on Nexreg's WHMIS MSDS authoring services, please contact Nexreg Compliance or visit the following links:
- Canadian WHMIS MSDS Authoring (English)
- WHMIS Urheberrechtliche Überprüfung MSDS (German)
- Creación de MSDS - Canadá (Spanish)
- Création WHMIS MSDS (French)
- 캐나다 MSDS 제작 (Korean)
- カナダ MSDS の作成 (Japanese)
- Schrijven WHMIS MSDS (Dutch)
- 加拿大物料安全数据表编写服务 (Chinese - Simplified)
WHMIS MSDS Links
Contact Nexreg Compliance
- Toll Free: (866)361-3032
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nexreg USA: (206)418-6663
- Nexreg Canada: (519)488-5126
- Nexreg UK: +44 020 7993 5893