How does a supplier know if a product is a "controlled product"?
Q. How does a supplier know if a product is a "controlled product" under WHMIS?
A. A product, material or substance which falls within any of the hazard criteria set out in sections 33 to 65 of the CPR is a "controlled product" and, unless excluded under section 12 of the HPA, is subject to the supplier MSDS and label requirements of the HPA if the controlled product is sold or imported for use in a Canadian workplace. It is the responsibility of the party marketing the product in Canada or the Canadian importer to assess the product against the classification criteria of the CPR.
Nexreg Compliance WHMIS Canadian MSDS Authoring Services
Nexreg Compliance can author a WHMIS compliant Canadian MSDS for your product. For more information on Nexreg's WHMIS MSDS authoring services, please contact Nexreg Compliance or visit the following links:
- Canadian WHMIS MSDS Authoring (English)
- WHMIS Urheberrechtliche Überprüfung MSDS (German)
- Creación de MSDS - Canadá (Spanish)
- Création WHMIS MSDS (French)
- 캐나다 MSDS 제작 (Korean)
- カナダ MSDS の作成 (Japanese)
- Schrijven WHMIS MSDS (Dutch)
- 加拿大物料安全数据表编写服务 (Chinese - Simplified)
WHMIS MSDS Links
Contact Nexreg Compliance
- Toll Free: (866)361-3032
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Nexreg USA: (206)418-6663
- Nexreg Canada: (519)488-5126
- Nexreg UK: +44 020 7993 5893