Which MSDS formats are acceptable in Canada?
Q. Which MSDS formats are acceptable in Canada?
A. As reflected in Schedule I to the CPR, Canada had adopted a 9 heading system. However, as an administrative policy, Canada accepts MSDSs for controlled products which adhere to the International Labour Organization (ILO) 16-heading format provided that all 16 headings are disclosed (in the sequence specified) and that the information required by the CPR is addressed. The ILO headings have been adopted by such bodies as ANSI, ISO and the EC. When using the 16-heading format, the following statement should appear under the heading "Regulatory Information": "This product has been classified in accordance with the hazard criteria of the Controlled Products Regulations and the MSDS contains all of the information required by the Controlled Products Regulations."
Nexreg Compliance WHMIS Canadian MSDS Authoring Services
Nexreg Compliance can author a WHMIS compliant Canadian MSDS for your product. For more information on Nexreg's WHMIS MSDS authoring services, please contact Nexreg Compliance or visit the following links:
- Canadian WHMIS MSDS Authoring (English)
- WHMIS Urheberrechtliche Überprüfung MSDS (German)
- Creación de MSDS - Canadá (Spanish)
- Création WHMIS MSDS (French)
- 캐나다 MSDS 제작 (Korean)
- カナダ MSDS の作成 (Japanese)
- Schrijven WHMIS MSDS (Dutch)
- 加拿大物料安全数据表编写服务 (Chinese - Simplified)
WHMIS MSDS Links
Contact Nexreg Compliance
- Toll Free: (866)361-3032
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nexreg USA: (206)418-6663
- Nexreg Canada: (519)488-5126
- Nexreg UK: +44 020 7993 5893