The free webinar is being presented by NCEC on November 25th, 2019 at 9am.
Please click here to sign up.
This webinar will be centered around the recent changes and updates to poison centre notifications and what you can do to prepare. Please note the information in this webinar will be current as of the date of the webinar.
The ECHA IT Tools went live on April 24th and an update is due in October. Caroline will take you through the tool and the discussion will include the following:
- Should you be looking to use the new harmonized system or be making use of the transition period?
- Practical aspects of using the tool
Why should I notify now rather than wait for the 2020 harmonized format deadline?
- Legal requirement for hazardous mixtures to be notified in most EU Member States.
- Possible increase in costs attributed to notification–countries such as Belgium, Spain and Ireland charge fees to notify and in September 2017 Italy followed suit and introduced a fee.
- Security for your business to reduce costs and risks–take advantage of Member States where notification is free. Member States may start to focus on non-compliance fines to raise funds for the changes they may have to implement in the latter half of 2019 to prepare for Annex VIII notifications.
- Any notification completed now is valid until 2025*–6 years to monitor regulations and their implementation. This will also allow you to monitor the ongoing discussions on UFIs on packaging.
- Tight deadlines–new tools and guidance are going to be made available but there will be limited time to become familiarized before notification becomes mandatory.
What are the business benefits of notifying now?
- UFI numbers–by notifying now, UFI numbers will not be mandatory on your product until the end of the transition period in 2025, this will allow you to monitor the ongoing discussions.
- Time–by notifying now there is no rush to notify consumer goods by 2020.
- Costs–there is an unknown cost linked to the new harmonized system which may well be more expensive than the current costs to notify.
Caroline will also discuss some of the practical implications and work ability issues, and give an update on the amendment to CLP and the possible deadline delay.
Please join including Caroline Raine to discuss all the hot topics affecting poison centres.