From the CCOHS:
As Nexreg posted back in September 09, the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) and Health Canada’s National Office of WHMIS has been offering WHMIS after GHS e-courses. These free online courses were updated in January 2010 to reflect these key changes:
1. The GHS Purple Book updates:
– A new environmental hazard class is added – “Hazardous to the ozone layer”.
– The pictogram for this new class is indicated.
– The web link to the current Purple Book – the 3rd Edition, 2009 is provided.
2. Health Canada’s National Office of WHMIS has updated the timeline statement to read:
“Consultations through the National WHMIS Office with stakeholder associations are essentially complete. An interim policy has been established to permit use of GHS-formatted safety data sheets in Canada. Additional interim policies may be developed. Regulatory proposals to update WHMIS are anticipated in 2010.”
The free online courses are available here: