Significant New Activity Notice No. 14 276 in respect of the substance Perfluoroalkylhydroxyaminoazetidinium polymer, published in the Canada Gazette, Part I on July 22, 2006.
CANADIAN ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT, 1999
Significant New Activity Notice No. 14276
Significant New Activity Notice
(Section 85 of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999)
Whereas the Ministers of the Environment and of Health have assessed information in respect of the substance Perfluoroalkylhydroxyaminoazetidinium polymer;
Whereas the substance is not on the Domestic Substances List;
And whereas the Ministers suspect that a significant new activity in relation to the substance may result in the substance becoming toxic under the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999;
Therefore, the Minister of the Environment indicates, pursuant to section 85 of that Act, that subsection 81(4) of the same Act applies with respect to the substance.
A significant new activity involving the substance is
(1) manufacturing it in Canada; or
(2) importing it for any purpose other than using it as an oil-sizing agent or as a component of water and oil repellents applied in industrial applications or in an industrial setting by an industrial process.
A person that proposes a significant new activity set out in this notice for this substance shall provide to the Minister of the Environment, at least 90 days prior to the commencement of the proposed significant new activity, the following information:
(1) A description of the proposed significant new activity in relation to the substance;
(2) All information prescribed by Schedule 10 of the New Substances Notification Regulations (Chemicals and Polymers);
(3) A 90-day inhalation study in rat with the perfluorohexanoic acid for applications involving spraying by consumers or in-home use by professionals; and
(4) Any relevant information (toxicological, exposure, etc.) that may be reasonably obtained from the company or its branch offices worldwide.
The above information will be assessed within 90 days of its being provided to the Minister of the Environment.
To see the full article, published in the Canada Gazette, please visit:
Significant New Activity Notice of the Substance Perfluoroalkylhydroxyaminoazetidinium polymer