A very comprehensive discussion from ECNAsiaMag on a number of pieces of legislation including the following:
- EU RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive (including Categories 8, Medical and 9 Monitoring and Control Instruments)
- Korean RoHS, and future Thailand, Taiwan and Australia versions.
- California RoHS
- Eco-design of Energy using Products Directive (EuP Directive)
- REACH regulations
- EU-Batteries Directive
Some information about REACH’s impact on SDSs is included:
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) are a requirement under REACH and should now follow the format in Annex II of the regulations, although most currently do not. It is important that suppliers make these available for all substances and preparations that are being sold now. These are required for all materials that meet the EC’s definition of substances, which includes ink in inkjet cartridges and electrolytes in batteries. MSDS should be updated by suppliers when new data becomes available and when registration starts, they will need to include “exposure scenarios” in an appendix.
For the full article, click on the above link.
Nexreg has more information on REACH at the following links:
- REACH Compliance Consulting (English)
- REACH gesetzliche Übereinstimmung Consulting (German)
- Consultoría de conformidad con el REACH (Spanish)
- Consultation de conformité REACH (French)
- REACH??????????? (Japanese)
- REACH ?? ??? (Korean)
- REACH Conformiteit (Dutch)
- REACH ???? (Chinese – Simplified)
To speak to a Nexreg representative about how REACH will impact your company, please call or e-mail Nexreg at:
Nexreg Toll Free: 1-866-361-3032
Nexreg Canada: (519)488-5126 (London, ON)
Nexreg UK: +44 020 7993 5893 (London, UK)
Nexreg USA: (206)418-6663 (Seattle, WA)