The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) has published new Guidance on the compilation of Safety Data Sheets (SDSs). The document is now available in the Guidance section of the ECHA website.
This guidance provides information on:
- what is new in SDSs according to REACH by comparison with the previous legislation;
- issues to consider when compiling an SDS;
- details of the requirements for information to be included in each Section of an SDS, in particular detailing the changes arising from the revisions of Annex II of REACH;
- the timetables for implementation of Annex II and its amended Annexes;
- who should compile the SDS and what competences the author should have.
The Guidance is particularly useful to SMEs as well as other suppliers of substances and mixtures in the EU and EEA and will be published in 22 EU languages.
The guidance document can be downloaded here: