April 19, 2010 – Nail Polish Remover
- A review by Health Canada of this product has found that it contains a high concentration of methyl alcohol, which is toxic by inhalation and ingestion. Symptoms resulting from exposure include headache, dizziness, confusion, shortness of breath, and blurred vision. Methyl alcohol can cause blindness or be fatal if swallowed.
- This product is mislabelled as “safe”, and lacks the warning symbols and hazard statements required on a container housing methyl alcohol.
April 14, 2010 – Shining Product
- Health Canada’s auditing process revealed that this product is not packaged in a child-resistant container as required under Canadian law. The lack of a child-resistant container could lead to serious injury.
If you have any doubts about the compliancy of your chemical products, please do not hesitate to contact us. More information about our label review services can be found here:
- Canadian Consumer Label Review
- Canadian Industrial Label Review
- Canadian Cosmetic Product Label Review
We can be contacted at:
Nexreg Toll Free: 1-866-361-3032