Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, many countries are releasing policies to help facilitate the import and access of household cleaning products. Currently the US and EU have measures in place to help increase the supply of hand sanitizers and surface disinfectants.
To date, the EU and US have not set out temporary policy changes for household cleaning products and hand and body soaps in response to COVID-19. The current framework and regulations are still to be followed for these countries.
To sell household cleaning products, hand and body soaps in the EU marketplace, importers must be compliant with various regulations such as:
- Regulation (EC) 1272/2008 Classification, Labeling and Packaging of substances and mixtures (CLP)
- Regulation (EC) No 648/2004 Detergent Regulations
- Regulation (EC) 1907/2006 REACH
- REGULATION (EC) No 1223/2009 Cosmetic Regulations
Nexreg’s team of experts can provide Safety Data Sheets and Labels that are compliant in the EU for your household cleaning products and EU cosmetic labels for your hand and body soaps.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
The following regulations govern household cleaning products, hand and body soaps in the US:
- 16 C.F.R. 1500 of the Federal Hazardous Substances Act (FHSA)
- 16 C.F.R. 1700 of the Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA)
- 16 C.F.R. 500 of the Fair Packaging & Labeling Act (FPLA)
- Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act)
These products are required to be correctly labelled before being placed on the market. More information on US Fair Packaging and Labeling can be found here.
Nexreg currently offers tailored compliance services for US Consumer product and Cosmetic labels for your household sanitizers and hand & body soaps.
We’re SDS Experts
For quality compliance resources for companies of all sizes across the world.